What If My Worker’s Compensation Claim Is Denied?

A significant number of worker’s compensation claims are denied. Sometimes the doctor will minimize the significance of an injury, and in other cases, a doctor will claim that injuries are not work-related. If you depend on your employment to provide for you and your family — as most Americans do — minimized, delayed, or denied claim is a serious problem. Make sure you work with a lawyer who can help you through the appeal process and protect your interests.

Every workplace injury is a serious injury.

At Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf, we have been representing clients in denied workers’ compensation claim cases and other work-related injury claims for more than 73 years. We take a personalized, caring approach with our clients and a tenacious, aggressive approach with the insurance companies to make sure our clients get the compensation they deserve. We have our home office in Milwaukee, and we have regular office hours throughout Wisconsin to serve our clients.

Appealing A Denied Worker’s Compensation Claim

  • Request a hearing: The first step is to file a petition for a hearing within the workers’ compensation system. Your hearing will be handled by an administrative law judge who will look at the medical evidence to support your claim and determine whether the compensation denial was legitimate.
  • Appeal the denial: If your initial appeal hearing results in a denial from the administrative law judge, the next step is to file an appeal with the Labor and Industry Review Commission (LIRC).
  • Appeal to the Wisconsin courts: If the LIRC denies your appeal, you may have the option of bringing an appeal to the Wisconsin courts.

Our attorneys have helped clients in every step of the workers’ compensation process, including all stages of appeal. We can protect your right to full compensation. Whether through an appeal, a civil claim, or a lump-sum settlement, we will help you protect your financial future.

Frequent Worker’s Compensation Questions

You have a claim if you suffered a loss because of a job-related injury. This means that to get worker’s compensation, you have to show three things:

Read More

Contact Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf

Do not wait to call a lawyer. Contact us online or call 414-257-2667 to schedule a free consultation.

Contact Gillick Wicht Gillick & Graf No Fee Unless We Win