Janesville Worker’s Compensation Attorney
We Represent Injured Workers in Janesville and Throughout Rock County
Located in South-Central Wisconsin, Janesville is the primary metropolitan center in Rock County. Situated midway between Madison and Rockford, IL, Janesville is a little more than an hour west of Milwaukee. The city has a diverse, fast-growing economy. The largest employers include the Mercy Health System, Janesville School District, Simmons, Seneca Foods, and W.W. Grainger, Inc.
At Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf, our Janesville worker’s compensation lawyers are skilled, experienced advocates for people who were hurt on the job. Since 1948, we have helped injured workers and their families maximize their financial support. For a free, fully private initial consultation with a Janesville, WI worker’s comp attorney, please contact us today.
What to Know About the Worker’s Compensation Laws in Janesville, Wisconsin
State and federal laws protect workers who are injured on the job, whether by enduring physical injuries or contracting illnesses. Worker’s compensation enables employees to be compensated by their employer for workplace injuries. Unfortunately, workplace safety remains an area of concern in Rock County and throughout Wisconsin.
Hazards such as falling objects, toxic exposure, and equipment malfunctions have led to the filing of numerous worker’s compensation claims. If you were hurt on the job, you can file a worker’s comp claim. Here is an overview of your rights and responsibilities under Wisconsin law:
- Most Employers are Eligible for Worker’s Comp Coverage: Did you know that you are probably covered by worker’s comp insurance? In Wisconsin, this coverage is available to the majority of workers. While many workers do not believe that they are covered under the workers’ compensation law, over 98% of Janesville workers are. The Worker’s Compensation Act covers individuals in the public and private sector who may work full or part-time. Notably, worker’s comp insurance offers no-fault benefits. In effect, this means that you can recover worker’s comp benefits even if your employer did not cause your accident through negligence. Unlike a personal injury lawsuit, you do not have to prove fault.
- You Can File a Claim for Injuries/Impairments Arising Out of Employment: Although fault is not an issue, a claimant is required to prove that their injury, illness, or medical impairment happened at work. Some common work-related injuries are:
- Repetitive motion injuries.
- Auto accident injuries.
- Musculoskeletal injuries.
- Slips, trips, and falls.
To be clear, you do not actually need to be on an employer’s premises or worksite when an accident occurs. Instead, you simply need to be working in the furtherance of your company’s interests.
- You Must See a Doctor and Report Your Injuries: Wisconsin’s worker’s comp laws are comprehensive. They are designed to provide a high level of legal protection to workers who were hurt while on the job. At the same time, workers also have important legal responsibilities under the statute. First, you must seek professional medical treatment in order to be eligible to file a worker’s comp claim. If you fail to see a doctor, then you will not be in a position to recover workers’ compensation benefits. Medical records are a critically important form of evidence in any worker’s comp claim. Additionally, you must notify your employer regarding your injuries, illnesses, or medical impairment. The general rule is that you should inform your boss as soon as possible. But, you must do so within 30 days of the date that you recognized that your injury/occupational disease was work-related.
- Benefits are Available to Help Cover Medical Care and Lost Wages: As an individual attempting to recover from a work-related injury, your last concern should be how to pay for steep medical bills and lost wages, or whether or not you can even return to work. A Janesville worker’s compensation attorney from Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf will fight to recover the compensation you deserve. You may be able to recover worker’s comp benefits for:
- All medical bills.
- Missing paychecks
- Permanent disability/impairment.
Indeed, worker’s comp laws are in place to provide you with the financial means to cover any hospital bills or lost wages that result from a work-related injury. Benefits are also available for permanent partial and permanent total disability.
- You Can Challenge a Worker’s Comp Denial in Janesville: Sadly, it is not uncommon for a business to deny an employee’s worker’s compensation claim in an effort to avoid taking responsibility for the incident. The good news is that an employer/insurer does not get to make the final decision in these cases. Injured workers have the right to file an appeal to challenge an unjust or improper denial of benefits. You should consider acquiring an experienced worker’s compensation attorney to protect your interests. A Janesville worker’s compensation attorney from Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf can provide you with the representation you need to retrieve the compensation you deserve.
How Our Janesville Worker’s Comp Attorneys Can Help
The worker’s compensation claims process is complicated. It is normal to have a lot of questions about what exactly needs to be done. The good news is that you do not have to navigate the system all alone. At Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf, we are committed to providing the highest level of legal representation to injured workers and their families. When you call our Janesville worker’s compensation law firm, you will have a chance to consult directly with a Janesville, WI worker’s compensation attorney who can:
- Carefully review your case during a free, comprehensive initial consultation.
- Gather supporting evidence and handle the worker’s comp claims paperwork.
- Take aggressive action to maximize your benefits, including filing an appeal if necessary.
As the injured worker’s attorneys, we have represented injured Wisconsin workers for over 65 years in Worker’s Compensation and Social Security Disability claims. You need a team that will aggressively seek maximum compensation for your work-related injuries. Contact us today at 414-257-2667 to speak with an experienced Janesville worker’s compensation attorney. We do not collect a penny until we win your case.
Frequent Questions for a Janesville Worker’s Compensation Attorney
You have a claim if you suffered a loss because of a job-related injury. This means that to get worker’s compensation, you have to show three things: Read More
Call Our Janesville, WI Worker’s Comp Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf, our Janesville worker’s compensation attorneys have deep experience helping people navigate the claims process. If you need legal guidance, we are more than ready to help. Call us now or connect with us online to set up a free, fully private appointment with an attorney. We represent injured workers throughout Rock County, including in Janesville, Beloit, Brodhead, Edgerton, Evansville, Milton, Clinton. Orfordville, and Footville.