Manitowoc Worker’s Compensation Attorney
Our Law Firm Advocates for Injured Workers in Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan at the opening of the Manitowoc River, Manitowoc was initially founded by French fur traders back in the middle of the 18th century. Access to Lake Michigan has been a key part of the development of the city’s economy. It is home to a major shipbuilding yard, with some top employers associated with the area being The Manitowoc Company and the Burger Boat Company.
All Manitowoc workers run the risk of suffering a work-related injury. Depending on the severity of the injury, you may be unable to work and therefore, may be eligible to receive worker’s compensation benefits. At Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf, our Manitowoc worker’s compensation lawyers are tireless, effective advocates for injured workers and their loved ones. Call us today to set up a free, fully confidential case review with an experienced Wisconsin worker’s comp attorney.
Worker’s Compensation Laws in Wisconsin: Explained
Were you hurt or made ill while on the job in Manitowoc? If so, it is essential that you know your rights understand state law. Worker’s compensation coverage helps to ensure that you are in the best position to get medical care and financial support for yourself and your family. Here are is a brief overview of worker’s compensation regulations in Manitowoc County:
- Most Employers Must Provide No-Fault Coverage: Job-related accidents remain a serious issue in Wisconsin. A workplace injury can come in many forms. Industrial accidents are some of the most dangerous as they can result in back, neck, shoulder, and many other severe injuries. Manitowoc workers who develop conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome are also eligible under Wisconsin worker’s compensation law. In fact, worker’s compensation law protects over 98% of Manitowoc workers. If you were hurt while on the job in Manitowoc, you have the right to file a claim for benefits.
- Insurance Coverage is ‘No-Fault’ for Work Injuries: Work injuries happen for a wide range of different reasons. Most often, because of hazardous conditions within the workplace. Hazardous workplace conditions can easily result in head injuries, back injuries, neck injuries, allergic reactions, shoulder injuries, knee injuries, and a wide variety of other injuries and impairments. Notably, worker’s comp insurance in Wisconsin is “no-fault” coverage. In effect, this means that a worker who was hurt while on the job in Manitowoc has the right to recover worker’s comp benefits regardless of whether or not their employer did anything wrong. You do not have to prove negligence to be eligible to bring a work injury claim in Wisconsin.
- Worker’s Comp Benefits Will Help You Move Forward: Worker’s comp coverage applies to full and part-time employees working in the private and public sectors. Through a worker’s compensation claim, you can seek the financial assistance that you need to move forward with your life, past a debilitating work injury. As a starting point, Wisconsin worker’s comp coverage provides support for all medical care and rehabilitative treatment that is reasonably related to your accident. Additionally, temporary/permanent disability benefits are available for workers who were forced to miss paychecks as a result of their injury or occupational disease.
- Many Valid Claims are Denied Under Spurious Grounds: As noted previously, an employee who has been injured while on the job deserves benefits regardless of employer fault. Although this may be true, many businesses deny worker’s compensation claims. As stressful and frustrating as this is, you have the right to appeal an unfair denial. Those injured while performing work duties can pursue legal action against their employer if denied benefits. When that happens, don’t hesitate to acquire the services of a qualified local attorney. A Manitowoc worker’s compensation attorney from Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf can provide you with adequate legal representation to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Our Manitowoc, WI worker’s comp lawyers have the skills and experience to handle appeals.
How Our Manitowoc Worker’s Compensation Lawyers Can Help
After a serious work-related accident, you need to focus on your health, your recovery, and your family. It is easy to get overwhelmed by the complexities of the worker’s comp claims process. At Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf, our mission is to make sure that your legal rights and financial interests are fully protected. We are on the side of workers and their families. We are not on the side of the insurance companies. When you call our firm, you will have an opportunity to consult directly with a Manitowoc, WI worker’s compensation lawyer who can:
- Answer your questions and review your case during a free initial consultation.
- Gather supporting evidence and complete all of the workers’ comp claims paperwork.
- If necessary, file an appeal to ensure you the full financial benefits you deserve.
A Manitowoc worker’s compensation attorney with Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf will fight to recover the compensation you deserve. As the injured worker’s attorneys, we have represented injured Wisconsin workers for over 65 years and have recovered social security insurance for various disabilities and injuries. We understand the stress that comes along with suffering a work-related accident and would like to help you through this tough time. Contact us today at 414-257-2667 for a free case evaluation.
Frequent Questions for Our Manitowoc Worker’s Compensation Attorney
You have a claim if you suffered a loss because of a job-related injury. This means that to get worker’s compensation, you have to show three things: Read More
Call Our Manitowoc Workers’ Comp Attorneys Today
At Gillick, Wicht, Gillick & Graf, our Manitowoc worker’s compensation lawyers are experienced, effective advocates for injured workers. You do not have to go up against an employer or an insurance company alone. With a proven record of success, our law firm knows how to hold companies accountable for paying workers’ comp claims.
If you were hurt on the job, we can help you secure the financial benefits you deserve. Call us now or send our Manitowoc worker’s compensation lawyers a message online for a free, no strings attached consultation. We represent injured workers throughout Manitowoc County, including in Manitowoc, Two Rivers, Keil, Cleveland, Reedsville, Whitelaw, and Valders.